Sunday, August 21, 2005

Panic attacks?

Interesting but freaky... I wouldn't know which name to give it... but it happened at least twice! It's when you breathe in too much oxygen and suddenly your air tube gets smaller making it hard for you to breathe... yes, it happened to me once when I was exercising and once when I was upset for some reason. The first time it happened I was goin too fast on the treadmill early in the morning... something did upset me the night before but I was jogging in a normal pace... only I was told to make it quicker to get better results... however, unfortunately that was a mistake... I suddenly couldn't control my breathing or couldn't breath in enough air... almost lost balance... my mom stared at me wondering what was wrong... luckily being a doctor she knew what to do... but for my part... people would think I was freaked out... on the contrary, I was actually amazed by the uncontrolable breathing and simply asked my mom: "what's happening?" as if I was a student with her teacher. I thought it was asthma but she told me it's nothin of that sort... asthma would be if you couldn't breathe out... but the problem here was I couldn't breath in... well the solution was a plastic bag or any type of bag which could block the air for some time until the oxygen I was taking in got reduced. The cause? Lack of training as they say... but i believe there was another reason since the second time it happened, I wasn't training! I dunno how many of you get this... and I dunno what it would be called... but it was quite a strange experience... I guess I need to exercise more :os

4 comments:

NaBHaN said...

hmm.. never really experienced that so don't really know how it feels but it sounds a bit freaky if you ask me. interesting to know though , at least now if it happens to me I'd know what to do.

TripleTee said...

lol... it feels like your lungs are doing the breathing for you nabs :D... and it reduces by both relaxing and using a bag over your mouth and nose... now i have to wear my pulse measuring watch whenever I exercise, to assure I don't overdo it. shucks, annoying really... made me feel weak :os... but nevertheless good to know :D

Petite For Life said...

I've experianced it once, I got up remebaring that I may have missed placed that documents, I mean sending the documents at the wrong person.

It was'nt easy for me at all.

TripleTee said...

lol petite... sounds frightening... thanx for passing by :)