Thursday, July 06, 2006

Spoiled?

I've had the same Nokia phone for around 3 years. Even though it was old I never had the guts to ask for a new one. Until one day the phone kept closing and losing its charge pretty quickly. And I kept using it still, charging it more often when finally its time came and it wouldn't work properly any more. By then my parents kept trying to call me and the phone would close on their faces. Getting wind that my phone wasn't working properly my dad promised to get me a new one as soon as possible. So I waited.
When he finally got a new one... he took it for himself and gave me his old phone. There I somehow was a bit disappointed and took it without a word. Until later my dad was somehow told I wasn't too happy about it and he came to me saying that once he gets a newer one he'll give it to me.
Last Night my brother arrived from England... he also confessed that he has lost his phone and sim some time ago during Uni. So as soon as my father got a new phone he gave it to me and gave the old phone he gave me to my brother. There I realized something. My brother was happy... he said..." wow... I lost a phone and now I get a new one"
There I sat and thought...
He appreciated what he got... and I insisted on getting what I was promised...
am I spoiled?
:S

8 comments:

Solidus said...

It's not your fault that you didn't like it, you desearve a new one, since those 3 years you've been having trouble using the crappy phone, you knew that you deserved something really good for all the patience. So getting a bad present will naturally disappoint you..

Unlike your brother, he KNEW that he doesn't deserve anything after that big mistake he did, it is normal for him to be happy with anything he gets..

Angel_Eyes said...

Dear Triple Tee,i think it's about time that you start speaking up for yourself. Your brother got a new phone so i think that it is only fair that you get one too. If my dad got my brother a new phone, i would be so pissed! i like people to be fair.I'd demand one too!And besides, you've needed a phone for so many years! (i know!)and just when your brother comes back from England he asks for a phone ,he gets it. You should have been first to receive a phone.you've been asking longer anyways! I don't think you are spoiled AT ALL! what's fair is fair and YOU NEED the phone that you want and deserve! If i had money, i swear i'd buy you one!!! just have patience dear Tee and you shall win inshalla!

TripleTee said...

Solidus: wow... you got a point there man..I haven't thought of that! ... makes me feel a lot better... loadza thanx :)

AE: I know exactly what you mean :os... if you want the fact when I got the old phone it was the maid who spoke up for me and I who remained quiet! :os :os... I guess one'd've spanked me, the phone's been getting on your nerves all year, lol...
I'm sure you'd do what you can if you could hun.. thanx a million... I finally got one.

Degoat said...

:) i think your a girl and your brother is a guy. If a guy gets something thats used then hey tough luck, but if its a gift to a girl then i should give her something new.

G

TripleTee said...

lol @ degoat

seems like you're a woman's guy eh? :p

welcome back...
I wouldn't have minded the old phone if he would've given it to me earlier and never promised me a new one... but I waited for 3 years... so getting an old one after all that kinda let me down... that's all... otherwise the phone's quite good :p

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! film editing schools

sweety said...

I like the way you tell a story :)
lol and 3 years!!!
nah i dont think you are spoiled at all... that would be a good patient daughter compared to the outside world now..so dont take it hard..that is just fair!