Tuesday, June 03, 2014

The Red Viper Vs The Mountain (Spoiler!!)

   If anyone here watches The Game of Thrones, do share your thoughts. I was desperate yesterday for another opinion, only not many here watch it. It is by all means no series for the weak-hearted. But I must admit that the last scene was far from what I expected. I never expected Oberyn Martell to ever lose... but I guess that was the whole point, wasn't it? To cleverly mislead us. Although I did think in the end that anyone with that sort of confidence in real life wouldn't achieve good results, no matter how good he is.


Well yes he was good, far better than The Mountain as a fighter. But rather careless wasn't he? And so close to ending the injustices too... Didn't that just make you slam something?

No movie or series ever shocked me this much. I literally sat there after the end of the last scene... just silently trying to comprehend what I just thought happened. I sincerely kept thinking, there must have been a mistake. But the author truly wants to show us a world full of unfairness and misery. This scene didn't only shock me because of the horrific effects they displayed in it (brilliant by the way!!! Very real!!).... but because I thought in these pagan days such things really did happen. Though fiction, this story has immense tastes of reality. So yes, I sat there for what felt like 10 minutes perhaps. I liked Martell, so that was a complete disappointment.
What did you think? 

3 comments:

uong hieu said...

Visit www.woohare.com news blog platform
Community news about event,food,music, church, job,travel, game w.w.w

jack said...

Game of Thrones is a must watch for me since it began. Life was ruthless then and anyone could die at anytime. Sometimes I think not much has changed. Powerful groups will still do most anything to hold onto power.

Another couple of faves are Boardwalk Empire and Ray Donovan.

TripleTee said...

thanks for the suggestions Jack. I'll take a look at them. never watched them