Thursday, October 01, 2009

My Review on Atonement (spoiler)


So I watched Atonement since it was one of the movies I transferred from my friend's hard drive. I wanted to see what the big deal was about. I haven't exactly read the book. The movie however was not bad, it was somewhat boring in the middle but it was interesting. That is however not what I wanted to discuss. It's not how good the book or movie was... it's the message that was meant to be passed by the story.

True that girl made a terrible mistake and has forsaken those two's lives because of it. But what I'm going to criticize here is how she chose to atone for it. Does anyone think their mistakes will be forgiven if they write a fake story?? So she chose to write the story that DIDN'T happen but that she wished happened saying that she's giving them the time they deserved together. That sort of spoiled my view on the whole thing. She wanted to atone? Then she should spend her life trying to help other unlucky people who were not able to spend their lives together. Or actually do something good in real life that would rectify her wrongs in the past. Not by writing a fake story. That only makes HER feel good. No one else. It's all just pretty talk.

Anyway... felt like writing it here. lol
Course any opposing opinions are (somewhat) welcome :p
*unlocks her rifle*

2 comments:

Enigma said...

Hey you =)

I never seen this movie and now I don't even want to watch it after reading your comments lol.

TripleTee said...

Hiii Enigma. And welcome back! It's been a while. Hope all's well your side.
lol. aw no no watch it. true I didn't like the way it ended but you might have a different opinion.